* "I say with conviction that the doctrine for which the name of Lord Mahaveer is glorified nowadays is the doctrine of Ahimsa. If anyone has practiced to the fullest extent and has propagated most the doctrine of Ahimsa, it was Lord Mahaveer."
- Mahatma Gandhi
* "Mahaveer proclaimed in India that religion is a reality and not a mere social convention.It is really true that salvation can not be had by merely observing external ceremonies.Religion cannot make any difference between man and man."
- Dr. Rabindranath Tagore
* "We learn from scriptures (Sashtras) and commentaries that Jainism is existing from beginning less time.This fact is indisputable and free from difference of opinion.There is much historical evidence on this point."
- Bala Gangadhar Tilak Lokamanya
* "I adore so greatly the principles of the Jain religion, that I would like to be reborn in a Jain community."
- George Bernard Shaw
* Albert Einstein remarked that the eternal mystery of the world is its intelligibility. True religion fastens to this element of intelligibility and creates a system of thought and action which leads to true harmony and bliss. And it is indeed so with Jainism.
- Albert Einstein
* "In conclusion let me assert my conviction that Jainism is an original system, quite distinct and independent from all others; and that therefore it is of great importance for the study of philosophical thoughts and religious life in ancient India."
- Dr. Herman Jacobi
* "The Jains have written great masterpieces only for the benefit of the world.""What would be the condition of the Indian Sanskrit literature if the contribution of the Jains were removed?The more I study Jain literature the more happy and wonder struck I am."
- Dr. Hertel, Germany
* "Jainism is of a very high order.Its important teachings are based upon science.The more the scientific knowledge advances the more that Jain teachings will be proven."
- L. P. Tessetori, Italy
* "Lofty ideas and high ascetic practices are found in Jainism.It is impossible to know the beginning of Jainism."
- Major General Forlong
* "Jainism has contributed to the world the sublime doctrine of Ahimsa. No other religion has emphasized the importance of Ahimsa and carried its practice to the extent that Jainism has done.Jainism deserves to become the universal religion because of its Ahimsa doctrine."
- Justice Ranglekar, Bombay High Court
* "The Jain Sadhu leads a life which is praised by all.He practices the vratas and rites strictly and shows to the world the way one has to go in order to realize the atma (soul).Even the life of a Jain householder is so faultless that India should be proud of him."
- Dr. Satischandra Vidhya Bhushan
* "The right of welcoming the delegates of the universal peace organization belongs to the Jains only.Because Ahimsa alone contributes to the establishment of universal peace. Tirthankara, the profounder of Jainism, preached to the world the Ahimsa doctrine.Therefore, who else except the followers of Bhagavan Parsvanath and Mahaveer can preach universal peace?"
- Dr. Radha Vinodpal
* "There is nothing wonderful in my saying that Jainism was in existence long before the Vedas were composed."
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Vice President, India
* "Truly speaking, Jainism is an independent and original religion, for it is neither Hinduism nor Vedic religion, but of course it is an aspect of Indian life, culture, and philosophy."
- Shri Jawaharlal Nehru, Prime Minister, India